Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Time change - and a graphics question

Threads: 23
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 15
Status
None
So I was thinking about having some event involving time warps, and considered having the Temple of Fiends, from FF1. I was wondering if it could be possible to put in the exact same temple, with bosses in the same places, but have an FF6 party go through it. I know I would have to code in the 4 fiends, Chaos, and whatever monsters normally roam the dungeon, but would this be able to work?
  Find

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 13
Status
Double
You can do this, provided you are willing to remove some other maps to have enough room. You'd have plenty of room for the event code for all the bosses, but I'm not sure how much space there is for extra bosses. I think that the ME can provide enough space for the extra monsters and their scripts, but I'm not exactly sure because I've never really strayed near that myself. It's probably best if you're happy with a tileset from FF6 for the dungeon itself, because a new tileset would be difficult to implement. Overall, I'm pretty sure that this is doable, depending on exactly what you're aiming for. Coding the monsters would probably be the easy bit though.

Confused Moogles FTW

[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Lockirby2 for this post:
  • Jeff (02-02-2014)

Status
None
That's what I was wondering, about the room. How much more could the game hold? I'd like to add extra dungeons, but I would hate to have to take others out.
  Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 154
Thanks Given: 165
Status
Nattak\'d
There's about 6 or 7 unused maps you can use as to not replace/take out any.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 13
Status
Double
(02-02-2014, 03:41 PM)Gi Nattak Wrote: There's about 6 or 7 unused maps you can use as to not replace/take out any.

Oh, neat. I thought that there were just duplicate maps that would alter a different map if changed. I didn't realize that there was a large amount of extra space.

Confused Moogles FTW

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 154
Thanks Given: 165
Status
Nattak\'d
I assume there's extra space with the unused maps.. I've only duplicated other maps to fill them, but I would think that would take up more tiles/space there, so a 100% custom new map should work. Maybe not though... =X

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Status
None
I feel like this could be good, but not as a beginning project...
  Find