Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
C. V. Reynolds Bug-Fix Compilation and Script Fix

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 154
Thanks Given: 165
Status
Nattak\'d
(07-09-2024, 11:04 PM)Lilpuddy31 Wrote: I think both Fanatics Tower fixes should be added, especially the one DrakeyC mentioned. Just my cents. Fantastic work to everyone involved in this comp!

Looks like CVReynolds already has applied Map Mishap by Leet Sketcher (modified by SilentEnigma) which takes care of the transparent door issue at the Fanatics Tower, and six other map-related tile blunders.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Threads: 3
Thanks Received: 1
Thanks Given: 9
Status
None
Unfortunately DrakeyC's fix causes a layer issue in Zozo
https://imgur.com/a/Bl3izYf

It should look like this:
https://imgur.com/a/aHEVg4s

Find

Threads: 40
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 46
Status
None
My background mod causes that?
  Find

Status
None
My bad, it's been a month since I discovered it and I forgot some details and forgot to report it. It's a bug from the Map Mishap patch, it's attempting to fix the background doorway in Fanatic Tower but it causes a side effect in Zozo as shown in the picture. Your fix might actually fix it but I'm not sure.

Find

Status
Nattak\'d
(07-11-2024, 05:46 PM)Warrax Wrote: My bad, it's been a month since I discovered it and I forgot some details and forgot to report it. It's a bug from the Map Mishap patch, it's attempting to fix the background doorway in Fanatic Tower but it causes a side effect in Zozo as shown in the picture. Your fix might actually fix it but I'm not sure.

Oh dang, you're right... That certainly is not a good look. Huh I must've manually did most of what the patch does back when it was released (for RotDS) without using the patch itself. But it's a shame for this amazing compilation having this glaring issue, and since Leet Sketcher seems to have had an early retirement from romhacking lol... There is of course a reverse patch available for the culprit patch, but would be quite a shame to have those tile mishaps back... They could definitely be corrected manually though if that's a realistic option.

Thanks Received: 10
Thanks Given: 10
Status
None
Judging from the image Warrax linked, I don't think this one issue is a big deal, to be honest. Certainly not worth removing Map Mishap over. The other fixes Map Mishap makes have too much value versus the small error in that image.

But certainly if anyone can fix the problem it would be great. I'd update the comp asap if they do. :3 I'd also accept the revert of the single part of Map Mishap that causes this issue (the Zozo door transparency fix, I'm guessing?). But I'm far from skilled at this sort of thing, so it probably won't be me doing it. I might look into it myself if I have time though.

EDIT: Wait. What's going on with Map Mishap? Is it worse than I realize? I haven't played the game in quite a while now. If the problem is particularly bad then I certainly will remove the patch from the compilation. Please let me know soon.

Status
Nattak\'d
It’s a bit more than just that one spot, the character popping up through the tile happens in other spots too, so it’s slightly worse than the pic indicates. Well it’s wherever that tile is used for the buildings. Definitely not a big deal, but…it’s noticeable.

[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Gi Nattak for this post:
  • CVReynolds (07-13-2024)

Status
None
Here's the hex values to revert it (assuming your maps aren't expanded):

@1D45D3/DD45D3
13 49 60 01 29 F8 4B F8 9D

@1EB47B/DEB47B
4D 17 0E

I think Map Mishap is worth keeping but yeah, it has some issues and like Gi Nattak said, Leet Sketcher seems to have left the community so his great patches aren't maintained.

Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Warrax for this post:
  • CVReynolds (07-14-2024)

Thanks Received: 10
Thanks Given: 10
Status
None
(07-13-2024, 11:30 PM)Warrax Wrote: Here's the hex values to revert it (assuming your maps aren't expanded):

@1D45D3/DD45D3
13 49 60 01 29 F8 4B F8 9D

@1EB47B/DEB47B
4D 17 0E

I think Map Mishap is worth keeping but yeah, it has some issues and like Gi Nattak said, Leet Sketcher seems to have left the community so his great patches aren't maintained.

Thanks, Warrax. :3 I'll be uploading the patch with that alteration soon. But first, what fix in Map Mishap does this change revert exactly, so I can make note of it? Is it only the background of the door in the Fanatic's Tower?