Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Comprehensive ATB Enhancement hack

Threads: 1
Thanks Received: 3
Thanks Given: 3
Status
None
Updated to v1.02. Besides some balance adjustments to the Condemned timer (now 2x shorter instead of 4x shorters) and Jump command delay (now 112 frames instead of 128 frames), the main reason I wanted to update the hack was for greater compatibility with other rebalance hacks. In particular, I originally overwrote the reflect/sleep/stop/freeze duration values directly, which meant that there would be a conflict with any other hack that adjusted those. I'm not sure which, if any, hacks do this (besides BNW which has its own timer rebalancing for nATB), but I want my hack to be as compatible as possible.

In v1.02, I no longer overwrite those duration values to be 3x shorter, but instead code the associated timers to decrement 3x more quickly. I accomplished this by combining the stop and reflect/sleep/freeze timer decrement logic into a single function, which decreases the value by 3 at every status timer update. This is based on Leet Sketcher's condensing of the reflect and sleep timer code, but goes further by pushing the timer addresses onto the stack for use with the stack relative indirect indexed addressing mode, which to my knowledge is never used in the entire FF6 ROM! Fitting the logic into the original byte space was a technical achievement I'm quite proud of, so feel free to check out patches_compat.asm as a reference.

Messages In This Thread
Comprehensive ATB Enhancement hack - by RoSoDude - 03-22-2024, 12:05 AM
RE: Comprehensive ATB Enhancement hack - by RoSoDude - 05-06-2024, 12:58 PM