Users browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)
What's the quickest method of fixing the last 4 colors problem?

Threads: 50
Thanks Received: 12
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
(01-06-2012, 11:07 PM)Greed Wrote: I've made a sprite sheet, but didn't know they couldn't use the last 4 colors of a palette in battle. I wonder which is the most effective method of fixing the sheet? I've thought of changing the colors around, but that could mess up other characters. Do I have to recolor everything again? Thanks in advance.

Here's the list of the order of the colors and what they are assigned to for all characters in each palette:

1. transparent
2. outline (black)
3. eyes (White)
4. pupils
5. hair (lighter shade)
6. hair (darker shade)
7. skin (lighter tone)
8. skin (darker tone)
9. outfit 1 (lighter shade)
10. outfit 1 (darker shade)
11. outfit 2 (lighter shade)
12. outfit 2 (darker shade)
13. NPC -don't use won't show up in battle
14. NPC -don't use won't show up in battle
15. NPC -don't use won't show up in battle
16. NPC -don't use won't show up in battle

If say you have changed the color designated for eyes and put it as something for clothes or hair as well as made the two skin colors and had this particular sprite use 11-12 and made the second outfit colors use the color 7-8. Then yes you have messed up the palette for all the sprites.

However it would seem as if you had only completed a single sprite sheet. All you need to do is make sure that the colors follow the above order and you will have everything fixed. I realize that it will be a pain losing 4 entire colors but unfortunately there isn't any known way to make them appear in battle. I hope you found this helpful.
  Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: What's the quickest method of fixing the last 4 colors problem? - by Sutebenukun - 01-07-2012, 01:23 AM